Ph.D. Program : fee and other details
Ph.D. Program in Law has commenced at HNLU w.e.f. academic session 2014-15 wherein admission of scholars is made strictly on the basis of admission test conducted by the University separately. The intake to Ph.D. program is 30.
Fees and other Charges :
||Amount (in Rs.)
|Application Form Fee
||1000/- (One time)
||15000/- (Per annum)
|Thesis submission, evaluation & Viva-voce fee (payable at the time of submission of thesis)
||15000/- (one time)
|Course work examination fee
||6000/- (for six months)
|Computer Lab & Library Deposit
||2000/- (Per annum)
||1000/- (Per annum)
||4000/- (for six months)
|Caution money (Refundable)
||5000/- (One time)
|Hostel deposit (Refundable)
||5000/- (One time)
||13500 (for six months)
- Late fee of Rs. 200/- shall be charged for the first ten days after the due date of registration notified by the University. But for students who have gone outside the state for fieldwork with due permission of the Vice Chancellor and on the recommendation of the supervisor, no late fee shall be charged for first ten days after return from the fieldwork.
- Fee once paid to the University shall not be refunded except the caution money and hostel deposit which shall be paid back to the Ph.D. scholars within three months from the date of award of Ph.D. Degree or the cancellation of the registration, whichever is earlier.
- Payment towards mess facility shall be made separately.
Full time Ph.D. (Law) Programme :
- The Ph.D.(Law) programme is a full-time residential programme.
- The Ph.D. (Law) scholars shall be required to be present in the University and their presence shall be duly recorded in the University library. This shall not be less than 70% of the entire working days of the University in an Academic Year.
- No research scholar registered for Ph.D.(Law) Programme shall take simultaneously any other course of study or any full time employment.
- The Ph.D.(Law) Programme scholar may be required to take teaching assignments and render help as may be required in the academic and co-curricular activities of the University.
- The Course Work and other required work in the Ph.D. (Law) Programme, including the Ph.D. thesis, shall be in the English Language.
Duration of Ph.D. Programme :
A Ph.D. (Law) Programme scholar may be allowed to supplicate his/her Ph.D. thesis after the completion of two Academic Calendar Years of the University from the date of his/her Registration. However, no Ph.D. scholar may be allowed to supplicate his/her Ph.D. thesis later than four Academic Calendar Years from the date of his/her Registration.
Availability of Scholarship :
Students belonging to the Chhattisgarh Domicile SC, ST and OBC category are provided with scholarships from the Government of Chhattisgarh. Further, the students belonging to PWD and Minority Communities are also provided with scholarships under various Government Schemes.