Assistant Professor (Sociology)
A Ph. D. in Tribal Development, Dr. Ayan has about 7 years of experience in teaching, research and evaluation. Prior to joining HNLU earlier he worked with International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), Philippines and DFID. He went to Philippines for various training sessions on rural development issues. Awarded Eligibility for Lectureship (SLET) by West Bengal college service commission in 2005 and state scholarship for Ph.D study. He has to his credit 5 books and several articles published in various journals and edited volumes and a number of papers presented in national and international seminars and conferences. He is also member of the Indian Sociological Society and Soil conservation society of India. Specialized in watershed development, tribal communities, gender, research methodology and rural development, his research interests centre on social development issues such as livelihoods, education, displacement, rehabilitation, water, environment and gender. At HNLU, he teaches Introduction to sociology, sociological theories, Indian society, social psychology ,sociology of law and sociology of development.
1. Society and Law: An Exploration across Disciplines, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, U.K. 2017, ISBN-10 : 1443895792
2. Climate Change: Law and Society, Satyam Law International, New Delhi 2017, ISBN-9789382823650
3. Law and Community:A Socio- Legal Perspective, Satyam Law International, New Delhi, 2016, ISBN-9789382823490
4. Environment and Society “Perspective Across all Disciplines”, Lambert Publications, Germany, 2015, ISBN- 978-3-659-40672-0
5. Empowerment of Tribal Women, by Serials Publications, New Delhi, 2014, ISBN- 978-81-8387-640-7